In this digitalized world, online reputation is an ever-present ingredient that demonstrates how your brand is identified among the public. Online reputation management is a mixture of marketing, SEO, and public relations strategies that continuously monitors your brand’s digital reputation and is, therefore, an essential aspect of your well-functioning especially when you are a physician. A good reputation is considered an important asset for all physicians so to make patients feel comfortable with your provision of health facilities.
Importance of reputation
Online reputation matters, physicians must know how they are reviewed and should have a proper procedure to record and manage reviews from their patients. In the Covid period as a medical consultancy is getting digitalized, some incredible and trustworthy doctor review sites are working 24/7 to assist the people. DiabetesIQ has effectively managed its online reputation by providing reviews about all the healthcare providers and made it much easier for people to review all the physicians further increasing their professional visibility.
These doctor reviews create an online reputation, depending on the online reviews people set the appointments. Reviews when evaluated are categorized into positive and negative leading to pros and cons.
Negative reviews can lead to:
- Lower Ranking: With repeatedly reviewed as negative, the physician will no longer receive appointments as well as will be ranked down in Google’s search list.
- Brand Damage: With receiving dissatisfaction from the patients and provision of poor healthcare, this could result in all the existing patients leaving you and opting for the one with better services and reviews
- Hard to be reversed: This damage to the reputation once done cannot is hard to be reversed as the victims cannot trust the same physician again.
Positive reviews, on the other hand, leads to:
- Higher Ranking: Positive reviews help increase your ranking and you are now the most visited physician being searched by all the potential new patients.
- Brand Strength: Your brand reputation is now positively built and you have many people to recommend and visit you for the best health care provision.
- Easy Sustenance: Once positively recognized, you can easily manage and innovate your provisions.
The advantages and disadvantages associated with your patient’s reviews make up your reputation contributing to your long-term brand image and therefore plays a major role in either making or destroying your professional career as a physician.
How to manage online reputation?
Before selecting a physician, people turn to the online ratings and opt for the physician who is widely preferred and since the public feels you have a good image and reputation, more and more people are inclined to put trust in your medical services.
Research shows, 62% of patients go through online reviews as an initial step for finding a good doctor. Doctor reputation management helps in collecting the patient’s feedback, ratings, and reviews. These play a major role in evaluating existing doctor performance.
So, now the task is to gain and manage online reputation which is effectively done through the following practices:
- Ask patients for leaving their reviews soon after their appointment. The more reviews you get, the more accurate reflection it will make of people’s experiences.
- Thoroughly go through all the reviews daily and try to respond to the negative reviews by directly contacting the reviewer.
- Train your staff in how to provide the best possible patient experience. Since patients are largely concerned about the appointment scheduling, clarity of bills, and staff friendliness all these factors should be taught and ensured to be delivered efficiently.
- Regularly review your Google listing to rectify any inaccuracies which give you a stronger online presence.